June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, today released a list of its editors' picks for top ten base models. The list includes cars that have a lot to offer drivers, even at the base model level.
"Just because you might not be able to afford all of the bells and whistles in a car doesn't mean you have to sing the base-model blues," said Patrick Olsen, Cars.com's Editor-in-Chief. "Some automakers are packing even their base models full of features making them more valuable to shoppers looking for a good deal. Our list includes cars that we consider to be solid picks even in their base-model version."
The top ten base models according to Cars.com experts are (ranked by price):
- 2013 Chevrolet Spark LS ($12,995): One of the least expensive new cars comes surprisingly well-equipped with essentials like air conditioning and power windows—two features that aren't always standard on bargain models.
- 2013 Scion xB ($17,555): The xB remains one of the best cargo-for-the-dollar deals. Standard features in this base model include USB integration, a six-speaker stereo and cruise control.
- 2013 Honda Civic LX Sedan ($18,995): This once-sparse compact sedan now includes features like Bluetooth, USB, a rearview camera and Pandora compatibility standard in the base model.
- 2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sedan ($18,655): The Impreza's most impressive standard base-model feature is all wheel drive. It is the most affordable new car to feature it. Some other standard features include Bluetooth phone and audio and tilt-telescoping steering wheel with audio and hands-free controls.
- 2013 Mazda Mazda5 Sport ($20,735): The Mazda5 Sport is the most affordable six-seat vehicle on the market. Beyond that, standard features in this base model include automatic headlights, cruise control, satellite radio and more.
- 2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS ($21,240): This base model comes with plentiful standard features like cruise control, Bluetooth, USB, tilt-telescoping steering wheel with audio, cruise and Bluetooth controls, and also heated mirrors.
- 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1 LS ($24,245): The base Camaro is an attractive package with standard features like a six-speaker stereo, satellite radio, Bluetooth and exterior features like a spoiler, 18-inch heritage steel wheels.
- 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid ($27,995): The Fusion Hybrid is actually a well-equipped SE trim level with standard features like Ford's Sync system, USB, Bluetooth, cruise control, heated front seats, power driver and passenger seats, push-button start, keyless entry and auto up and down on all windows.
- 2013 Toyota Avalon ($31,785): This competitively priced full-size sedan delivers luxury-like features like dual-zone climate control and a 6.1-inch touch-screen along with push button start and keyless entry.
- 2013 Volvo S60 T5 ($32,795): At a price well below much of its competition, the S60 loads up on features like rain-sensing windshield wipers, 7-inch information screen, Bluetooth, USB, satellite radio, heated mirrors, headlight washers and spill-resistant cloth upholstery—a family favorite.
ABOUT CARS.COM Cars.com is an award-winning online destination for car shoppers that offers information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. Cars.com offers thousands of new and used vehicle listings, consumer reviews, side-by-side comparison tools, photo galleries, videos, unbiased editorial content and many other tools. Cars.com puts millions of car buyers in control of their shopping process with the information they need to make confident buying decisions. Launched in June 1998, Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including A.H. Belo (NYSE: AHC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV