KVM Support Planned for Power Systems Portfolio IBM intends to make KVM available across its Linux-only Power servers. The KVM hypervisor is an integral part of the Linux kernel, offering an optimized virtualization technology for Linux workloads. IBM has long supported KVM on its x86-based products and plans to make it available on IBM's Linux-only Power Systems product line-up next year. As a result, clients will have greater choice when they adopt Linux-based systems to drive new workloads such as big data, cloud, mobile and social computing.
IBM has participated in a wide range of open source projects since 1999, and today this includes Open Stack, Open Daylight, Apache and Eclipse in addition to Linux. Hundreds of IBM programmers and engineers are contributing to open source as part of the collection of global open source communities, and this includes several dozen experts in China working on projects such as KVM. In November 2012, IBM opened its first KVM Center of Excellence in Beijing. The Center, also located at the IBM China System Center, promotes KVM-based solutions from IBM and its partners, and to help customers and business partners explore and adopt open virtualization and open cloud strategies. The Center was established as the first KVM Center worldwide because of the rapid adoption of virtualization and cloud computing in China. A second KVM Center of Excellence for Wall Street clients was opened in New York earlier this year.
To learn more about IBM and Linux, go to www.ibm.com/linux.Media Contact: Kristin Bryson IBM Media Relations 914-766-4221 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE IBM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV