ARMONK, N.Y., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At the Red Hat Summit in Boston, IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced new initiatives to further support and speed up the adoption of the Linux operating system across the enterprise. These include two new Power Systems Linux Centers and plans to extend support for Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) technology to its Power Systems portfolio of server products.
New Power Systems Linux Centers in Austin and New York In July, IBM will open its first North American IBM Power Systems Linux Centers -- one in Austin, Texas and the other in New York, NY. The centers will make it simpler for software developers to build and deploy new applications for big data, cloud, mobile and social business computing on open technology building blocks using Linux and the latest IBM POWER 7+ processor technology.
The new centers come on the heels of the opening of the world's first IBM's Power Systems Linux Center in May in Beijing where there is increasing demand from businesses for optimized and pre-integrated computing systems running enterprise applications on Linux. Like the Beijing center, the new center will open to clients, business partners, academics, and students. Resources include:
- Linux training workshops that show developers how to program, port and optimize their applications using Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server technologies on Power Systems.
- Hands-on assistance from dedicated Linux and IBM systems experts to show developers how to take advantage of IBM's unique POWER7+ parallel processing and advanced virtualization capabilities.
- Access to IBM's business consulting experts and business partner resources to develop joint go to market strategies for Power System and Linux based solutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV