The Deal: US Airways Slips on Merger Executive Team
The lineup keeps Kirby in line as the heir apparent to Parker. Kirby started with America West in 1995, working up the ranks from scheduling to executive vice president for sales and marketing to president of the company in 2006.
Sources have long said that the 45-year-old U.S. Air Force Academy grad was a likely replacement for Parker at US Airways, and it appears he remains on course to eventually run what will become the world's largest airline.
Written by Lou Whiteman in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV