Goodyear recommends that motorists should check tire inflation at least monthly or before a long trip, and check the tire pressure when the tires are cold (before driving). Tires should be inflated to the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations printed on the vehicle door placard or in the owner's manual, not the maximum limit stamped on a tire sidewall.
For additional information on tire care from Goodyear, motorists can consider these sources:
- Goodyear outlets are distributing the RMA's "Be Tire Smart, Play Your PART" consumer booklets, which stress the importance of inflation pressure, wheel alignment, tire rotation and visual checks of tire tread.
- On www.goodyear.com, visitors will find extensive information on tire care, product selection and more. The "Personal Tire Care" section contains advice on tire pressure and proper inflation, visual inspections, tire repairs, saving fuel and more.
- With their lighted message boards, Goodyear's famous blimps continue to spread the tire care message while in flight, urging consumers on the ground to check tire pressure and treadwear.
- Goodyear also works with some of its tire dealers and store managers for several local market media activities, including participation in television segments to provide viewers with tips for tire and vehicle care.
A variety of consumer tires are offered by Goodyear to fit nearly any application, with the Assurance family of products among the most popular choices. This includes the Assurance ComforTred Touring, with a smooth, quiet ride and refined handling; Assurance TripleTred All-Season, which features three unique tread zones for all-season traction; and Assurance Fuel Max, a fuel-efficient tire that provides confident wet and dry traction.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 53 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.comSOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts