1. As of noon trading, Home Depot ( HD) is up $0.52 (0.67) to $78.25 on average volume Thus far, 2.8 million shares of Home Depot exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $76.96-$78.53 after having opened the day at $77.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.73. The Home Depot, Inc. operates as a home improvement retailer. Home Depot has a market cap of $115.0 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Home Depot a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Home Depot as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Home Depot Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts