1. As of noon trading, Procter & Gamble ( PG) is up $0.39 (0.50) to $78.46 on light volume Thus far, 3.3 million shares of Procter & Gamble exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $77.45-$78.75 after having opened the day at $77.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.07. The Procter & Gamble Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of a range of branded consumer packaged goods. The company operates in five segments: Beauty, Grooming, Health Care, Fabric Care and Home Care, and Baby Care and Family Care. Procter & Gamble has a market cap of $213.1 billion and is part of the consumer non-durables industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Procter & Gamble a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Procter & Gamble as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Procter & Gamble Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer goods sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the consumer goods sector could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts