Boardwalk Pipeline Partners (NYSE: BWP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.30%. Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP, through its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership and operation of integrated natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) pipelines, and storage systems in the United States. The company also transports, stores, gathers, and processes natural gas and NGLs. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.52. The average volume for Boardwalk Pipeline Partners has been 757,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Boardwalk Pipeline Partners has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 17.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Boardwalk Pipeline Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 9.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $92.60 million to $101.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $129.30 million or 17.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.48%.
- The gross profit margin for BOARDWALK PIPELINE PRTNRS-LP is rather high; currently it is at 63.00%. Regardless of BWP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BWP's net profit margin of 30.86% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full Boardwalk Pipeline Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts