Industry wags predicted Apple would announce a Spotify/Rdio-like "killer" music streaming app. Instead, we learned about iTunes Radio which, during the demonstration, looked an awful lot like Pandora or any of the other similar online services.
Apple announced a lot of features that seemed somewhat familiar. Not exactly innovation but more like imitation. Apple is aware that happens to their technological advances too. That's why Apple defends corporate ideas and patents so rigorously.
Yesterday, Apple upped the ante in a number of important, innovative ways. iOS in the Car will integrate the software brand into your future car's dashboard. Although, the suggestion that being able to play games in the front seat of your automobile will be appreciated by law enforcement officers or insurance companies.
As for device security Apple's upcoming Activation Lock system will work on all of your Apple products utilizing your iCloud log-in information. Expect others companies to follow their lead.But, what was really missing from the WWDC event was the rumored announcement of a new iPhone. That would have gotten everyone in attendance excited. Actually, it would have excited everyone. We could all use a big Apple announcement in the near future. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV