BENTONVILLE, Ark., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer announced the launch of a collaborative program supporting small business owners and entrepreneurs in 25 cities – the Grow Your Business Boot Camp series . The hands-on training seminars are backed by a funding commitment of $500,000 from Sam's Club.
The Boot Camp series allows local Sam's Club leaders to collaborate with community non-profits and organizations to provide small business training seminars. These regional collaborations will empower local business owners—including those owned by women, minorities and veterans—to learn new skills and ideas that can help their businesses thrive.
"I'm excited to kick off our Small Business Boot Camp in 25 markets across the country," announced Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer at Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.'s 2013 Shareholder's meeting. "Associates [can] provide small business owners with valuable training and give these businesses the support to really succeed. [Together we are] making a difference community by community."
The events will be designed and executed by local nonprofits dedicated to small business success and selected by the Sam's Club Giving team. Local Sam's Club managers will participate in each event, which plans to host up to 50 small business owners and entrepreneurs per session. Each nonprofit will focus the curriculum on their key strengths or the top needs of the business owners in the community. Topics may include financial planning; microlending and accessing capital; marketing, branding and merchandising; customer acquisition; networking and growth strategies.The Need for Small Business Support
- Only 50% of small businesses survive five or more years 1
- Approximately one in three entrepreneurs struggle to access small business capital 2
- Small business owners cite marketing, sales and finance as major challenges 3
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV