NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Debra Borchardt Tuesday outlined what was happening in the markets early.
U.S. stock futures were sliding much lower this morning on the back of increased uncertainty from Japan. The Bank of Japan announced that it would not take measures to limit volatility, despite the violent moves already witnessed in the Nikkei this year.
Investors and traders were already headline shy, especially with news from central banks and Federal Reserve officials, which accounted for this morning's selling pressure.
Luckily, futures aren't down as much Lululemon (LULU), which slid 13% in premarket activity. The stock is down on CEO Christine Day's announcement that she will be stepping down from her role.Although the yoga clothing company beat on both the top and bottom lines, it was clear that investors disapproved of the management change. Day was able to successfully drive the company through a period of hyper growth, as well as the see-through yoga pants recall. While one CEO steps down, another one steps up. Dole Food Company (DOLE) CEO David Murdock announced a bid to take the company private at $12 per share. The 90-year-old already owns approximately 40% of the company and his offer represents an 18% premium over Dole's most recent closing price. Elsewhere, Boeing (BA) announced it expects 35,000 new planes to be made over the next 20 years. This would roughly double the world fleet of passenger and cargo planes in the next two decades. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. . Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV