TORONTO, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
(all amounts are in US dollars unless otherwise indicated)
AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ) (" AuRico Gold" or the "Company") today announced that its Board of Directors has approved the introduction of a dividend reinvestment plan, effective immediately. Eligible shareholders may elect to participate in the dividend reinvestment plan commencing with the July 2013 dividend. Participation in the dividend reinvestment plan is optional.
Dividend Reinvestment Plan HighlightsThe dividend reinvestment plan provides a convenient and cost-effective way for eligible shareholders to acquire additional common shares of the Company by reinvesting cash dividends paid on their shareholdings. A copy of the dividend reinvestment plan is available on the Company's website at http://www.auricogold.com/DRIP. Highlights of the dividend reinvestment plan include:
- Common shares issued under the dividend reinvestment plan from the treasury of the Company may be issued at a discount not to exceed 5% from the average market price of the common shares over the five day period preceding the relevant dividend payment date as further described in the dividend reinvestment plan. The current discount has been set at 5% and shall apply until further notice by press release;
- Brokerage commissions and administrative costs for the common shares issued under the dividend reinvestment plan will be borne by the Company and not the registered shareholder, however beneficial shareholders may incur fees in respect of services provided by their nominee; and
- Common shares distributed under the dividend reinvestment plan will, at the option of the Company, be purchased by the plan agent from the treasury of the Company or in the open market on the New York Stock Exchange, or a combination of both.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts