WALLDORF, Germany, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) and Technical University Munich (TUM) today announced ProteomicsDB, a new offering based on the SAP HANA® platform that stores protein and peptide identifications from mass spectrometry-based experiments. The proteomic data assembled in the new offering resulted in the identification of proteins mapping to over 18,000 human genes. This represents 90 percent coverage of the human proteome. Data stored and analyzed within ProteomicsDB can be used in basic and biomedical research for discovering therapeutic targets and developing new drugs as well as enhanced diagnosis methods.
As personalized medicine is on the rise, the healthcare field is discovering the opportunities of big data analysis. The result of a joint project between the TUM Chair of Proteomics and Bioanalytics, SAP and the SAP Innovation Center, ProteomicsDB is a major step forward in human proteomics. It currently contains more than 11,000 datasets from human cancer cell lines, tissues and body fluids and enables real-time analysis of this highly dimensional data and creates instant value by allowing to test analytical hypothesis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV