INDIANAPOLIS, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) today announced it will present 13 abstracts on two late-stage investigational medicines from its diabetes pipeline at the 73 rd American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions ® in Chicago June 21-25.
Lilly will share information including, but not limited to, efficacy and safety data for investigational compounds from two different classes of diabetes medicines. This research, which demonstrates the company's commitment to the everyday needs of people with diabetes, includes:
- Dulaglutide: The company will disclose efficacy and safety results, as well as health outcomes findings, from three Phase III clinical trials for its investigational, long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist, dulaglutide.
- Novel Basal Insulin: Additional analyses of Phase II data for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes will be presented for LY2605541, an investigational novel basal insulin analog.
These data are among the 71 presentations representing Lilly's research – thirty-four of which will be presented by Boehringer Ingelheim on behalf of the Boehringer Ingelheim-Lilly Diabetes alliance.
Lilly's pipeline comprises more than a dozen potential new medicines for the treatment of diabetes and its related conditions, encompassing both large and small molecules, and targeting a variety of mechanisms.Dulaglutide Data A total of seven dulaglutide abstracts will be presented at the meeting, three of which will be given as oral presentations. These presentations are as follows:
- Saturday, June 22, 8 – 10 a.m. CDT, GLP-1 Agonists in Practice
- Efficacy and safety of dulaglutide vs. placebo and exenatide in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-1) (Lead author: C. Wysham) [Presentation 66-OR]
- Efficacy and safety of dulaglutide vs. metformin in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-3) (Lead author: G.E. Umpierrez) [Presentation 69-OR]
- Efficacy and safety of dulaglutide vs. sitagliptin after 52 weeks in type 2 diabetes (AWARD-5) (Lead author: M.A. Nauck) [Presentation 71-OR]
- Saturday, June 22, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. CDT, General Poster Session
- Basal insulin LY2605541 has hepato-preferential action across a range of delivery rates (Lead author: M.C. Moore) [Poster No. 912-P]
- Effects of a novel basal insulin, LY2605541, on hepatic glucose output and muscle glucose uptake: a physiologic based simulation analysis (Lead author B.G. Topp) [Poster No. 913-P]
- Improved glycemic control despite reductions in bolus insulin doses with basal insulin LY2605541 compared with basal insulin glargine in patients with type 1 diabetes (Lead author: J. Rosenstock) [Poster No. 915-P]
- LY2605541 (LY) exhibits a flatter glucodynamic profile than insulin glargine (GL) at steady state in subjects with type 1 diabetes (T1D) (Lead author: L.A. Morrow) [Poster No. 917-P]
- A clinical utility index for selecting an optimal insulin dosing algorithm for LY2605541 (Lead author D.H. Manner) [Poster No. 931-P]
- Presentations 915-P and 917-P will also be featured in a guided audio poster tour on June 24, noon – 1 p.m. CDT, titled "Novel Agents for Diabetes Treatment."
- Presentations 912-P and 913-P will also be featured in a guided audio poster tour on June 24, 1 – 2 p.m. CDT, titled "New Insulin Therapeutics."
- Sunday, June 23, 12 – 2 p.m. CDT, General Poster Session
- Negative binomial regression analysis of hypoglycemia data from diabetes clinical trials: the effect of adjusting for baseline hypoglycemia rates (Lead author: J. Luo) [Poster No. 401-P]; these data will also be featured in a guided audio poster tour on June 24, 1 – 2 p.m. CDT, titled "Hypoglycemia–The Barrier."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts