- Men and their partners experience personal distress related to Peyronie's disease that for the most part does not appear to subside over time . When asked to consider whether personal distress related to PD has changed from diagnosis to today, 88 percent of men indicated that it has remained the same or worsened. 78 percent of partners indicated that their personal distress has remained the same or worsened.
- There is a disparity between men and their partners when asked whether "functional" versus "psychological" aspects of Peyronie's disease cause the most bother. When asked which aspects of PD bothered them the most, men with PD selected functional aspects, such as curvature of the erect penis and performance anxiety, while partners selected psychological effects associated with PD, such as avoidance of intimacy and lowered self-esteem.
- Peyronie's disease is characterized variously among men with PD and their partners, but the majority rank-order three terms most frequently. Of both the men with PD and partners polled, the three most common terms used to describe PD were: "embarrassment," "deformity" and "disease."
- Men with Peyronie's disease may bear the burden alone, despite their relationships with a partner and with a doctor. 42 percent of men with PD responded that they have not talked to their partner about their condition and 22 percent have not spoken with anybody about their condition.
Men's Health Network And Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Mark Men's Health Month With "Ask About The Curve™" Collaboration To Encourage Greater Understanding Of Peyronie's Disease
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.