Other highlights from the report include:
- Madawaska Maliseet First Nation in New Brunswick, is building the Grey Rock Power Centre - a roadside, multifaceted, commercial power centre that is expected to create up to 300 jobs for the band and surrounding community in a region hit hard by the closure of the pulp and paper mills. In fact, Chief Bernard says her Council went out of their way to ensure that 98 per cent of the investment would be spent locally, thanks, in part, to a RBC financing loan.
- Ontario's Couchiching First Nation, home to more than 2,000 band members, has seen dramatic changes in recent years. From the addition of a championship golf course to a new 400-seat arena that opened in April of this year, the reserve has built revenue-generating facilities that provide band members with employment opportunities and access to modern recreation amenities, funded, in part, by RBC.
The 2013 RBC Aboriginal Partnership Report is available online at www.rbcroyalbank.com/aboriginal.
About RBC and Aboriginal Canadians RBC has a proud history of strong relationships with Aboriginal peoples. For more than 100 years, RBC has helped strengthen First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities across Canada. We are committed to serving Aboriginal governments, communities, organizations, businesses and individuals by creating opportunities for sustainable economic development through: access to banking and capital; community and social development; employment, education and training; and procurement. RBC also provides donations and grants that support Aboriginal interests in three key areas: the environment, specifically water; youth literacy and education; and culture and heritage. For more information about these programs and more, visit rbcroyalbank.com/aboriginal and click on "A Chosen Journey Annual Report".
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts