- Hiring Activity Slows: Employers in 31 countries and territories surveyed plan to boost payrolls in the coming quarter, compared with 32 of 42 in Q2. Hiring optimism strengthens quarter-over-quarter in 17 countries and territories but weaken in 21. When compared with one year ago at this time, outlooks improve in 14 countries and territories but decline in 26.
- Emerging Markets Again Head the Pack: Employers in Taiwan, Brazil, Panama, Peru and Turkey reported the strongest hiring expectations globally. The weakest markets for job seekers are expected in Italy, Ireland and Spain.
- Europe Still Buffeted by Economic Headwinds: Although hiring expectations are positive in 13 of 24 countries in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, employers report negative hiring intentions in nine countries — the same number as in Q2. The Net Employment Outlook in France is negative for the first time in four years, and although the outlook in Greece remains negative, it continues to improve.
- Asia-Pacific Positive, But Hesitant: Workforces are expected to grow in all eight countries and territories in the region but employers in India report the weakest forecast since joining the survey eight years ago. China's Outlook is the weakest in three-and-a-half years.
- Percentage of U.S. Employers Planning to Add to Payrolls Strongest in Four Years: The U.S. labor market remains upbeat, with the overall percentage of U.S. employers expecting to hire during the third quarter greater than at any point since before 2009.
Manpower Employment Outlook Survey Shows Few Signs Of Global Breakthrough, Despite Positive Hiring Plans In Most Labor Markets
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.