Cigna ( CI) has been another poster child for the S&P's orderly rally. Just like West, Cigna started on its own uptrend at the end of 2012, bouncing in between well-defined trendline support and resistance levels for the last seven months. Now, with shares of CI bouncing off of support this week, it makes sense to be a buyer.
From a percentage standpoint, Cigna's retracement during the last correction was pretty tepid. That's a good sign for buyers -- this stock has been rallying harder than the market during the up-legs and falling less than the broad market on the down-legs. This trendline bounce is pitting Cigna to a test of resistance just below $70. That mini-breakout should add some extra upside to this latest buying move.As with West, the 50-day is the ideal place for a protective stop in Cigna. To see this week's trades in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV