West Pharmaceutical Services
The S&P 500 has been trading in an orderly uptrend since all the way back in November, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that plenty of individual names are following the index's lead. Mid-cap pharma packaging and delivery firm West Pharmaceutical Services (WST) is a perfect example. It's been in an uptrending channel that's mirrored the broad market since late last year.
You don't have to be an expert technical analyst to figure out what's going on in WST. A glimpse at the chart will do. When you're looking to buy a stock within a trend channel, buying after a bounce off of support is good strategy for two big reasons: it's the spot where shares have the furthest to move up before they hit resistance, and it's the spot where the risk is the least (because shares have the least room to move lower before you know you're wrong). That's exactly where West is right now.The 50-day moving average has been a stellar proxy for support since the start of 2013. If you decide to jump in on WST here, that's where I'd suggest keeping a stop loss level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV