BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The health care sector is strong right now -- and that's creating some tradable opportunities for investors this summer.
You read it right: Health care is hot. As a sector, it's leading the pack in terms of relative strength, a measure of performance vs. the broad market. That's not just an interesting stat about the healthcare sector's performance in the past. Research shows that stocks with strong relative strength tend to outperform the market for the next three-to-ten months as well. That means that healthcare stocks are positioned to keep pushing higher for the rest of the year.
With relative strength names skirting the correction of the last few weeks, there's some extra evidence to buy into momentum sectors this summer. That's why we're taking a technical look atfive health care stocks throwing out buy signals this week.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy After Last Week's Bounce
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV