Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our modelCorning (GLW) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Corning fell $0.16 (-1.0%) to $15.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,925,542 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,759,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.17-$15.45 after having opened the day at $15.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.38. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Ambient Corporation (AMBT), down 10.2%, Uni-pixel (UNXL), down 10.1%, Geospace Technologies (GEOS), down 10.0% and TigerLogic Corporation (TIGR), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GLW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV