AKRON, Ohio, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT), which has long provided innovative products for sports car and motorsports enthusiasts, has introduced its newest performer, the Eagle Sport All-Season. Initial sizes of the new Eagle tire are available at thousands of retail outlets, with a full lineup of 47 sizes offered by the end of 2013.
The full range of tire sizes will allow Goodyear to offer Eagle Sport All-Season fitments for everything from Honda Accord to Audi A4 and Ford Mustang vehicles."This tire applies innovative technology from our engineering labs and design studios to continue the Goodyear Eagle high-performance leadership that helps you own the road," said Tara Foote, Goodyear brand marketing manager. "Experts – from third-party product testers to our extensive retail network and consumers – recognize our product leadership and help keep Goodyear Eagles out front. "A key attraction for this tire is its combination of performance and durability, offering the performance benefits of a Goodyear Eagle to drivers who want to maintain or upgrade the steering and handling characteristics of their vehicles for an extended period of time." The Eagle Sport All-Season is designed for responsiveness, all-season traction, and outstanding wet and dry handling with performance drivers in mind. An asymmetric tread pattern, which includes angled tread block edges, helps provide responsive handling and grip while reducing road noise and promoting even wear. Another key feature of the new tire is its ability to maintain a large tread surface area – its footprint on the road surface – even at light loads. This helps provide consistent performance across a wide range of vehicles. Additionally, the new tire offers these technical features:
- Outstanding wet and dry performance with enhanced grip in ice and snow from an innovative tread compound.
- Confident grip as the tire wears as a result of numerous full-depth tread sipes.
- Enhanced wheel protection against accidental curb damage from its rim protector.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV