NASSAU, Bahamas, June 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ultrapetrol (Bahamas) Limited (Nasdaq:ULTR), an industrial transportation company serving marine transportation needs in three markets (River Business, Offshore Supply Business and Ocean Business), announced today the closing of its previously announced sale of $200 million in aggregate principal amount of its 8.875% First Preferred Ship Mortgage Notes due 2021 (the "Notes"). The Notes and related guarantees are secured by the stock of certain of the Company's subsidiaries and by first preferred mortgages on vessels owned by certain of its subsidiaries. The Notes were issued at par and sold in a private offering within the United States to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and to certain other persons outside of the United States in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act. The Company received gross proceeds of $200 million from the offering.
Ultrapetrol plans to use the net proceeds of the offering to redeem its existing $180 million aggregate principal amount of its senior notes due 2014, as well as for general corporate purposes.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the Notes and the related guarantees, nor shall there be any sale of the Notes and the related guarantees in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful. Any offer of the Notes and related guarantees will be made only by means of a private offering memorandum. The Notes and the related guarantees have not been registered under the Securities Act, or any state securities laws, and unless so registered, may not be offered or sold except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV