WASHINGTON, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CABLE SHOW 2013 -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) announced today that Comcast Cable has taken the E6000 Converged Edge Router (CER) from trials to its first commercial deployment.
The E6000 CER is a leading network component of the ARRIS end-to-end portfolio – which spans the cloud, network and home. More content on more devices demands increased bandwidth, infrastructure, and efficiency. The ARRIS innovative CCAP platform helps operators scale to these challenges, while facilitating the migration to an all-IP network.
"The proliferation of connected devices and new advanced services place high demands on the network. ARRIS is driving the IP transformation, so our customers can deliver more top-quality video on more screens...today. The ARRIS E6000 CER is another example of how we continue to drive the industry's top network performance and density," said Bruce McClelland, President, Network & Cloud, Global Services at ARRIS.
In a recent study by Motorola Home (prior to its acquisition by ARRIS), consumers in the U.S. were found to watch more video than any other country (29 total hours/week, four hours over the total global average), more than a third of which is recorded. Multiscreen viewing is also on the rise, with smartphones and tablets watched more than broadcast TV in the bedroom (46% and 41% versus 36%). These trends reflect the advantages of the ARRIS E6000 CER as service providers like Comcast look to meet growing consumer demand for more high-quality content anytime, anyplace on any device."Comcast's subscribers are trendsetters in driving today's IP-enabled interactive and connected experience throughout the home and on multiple screens," said Rob Slinkard, Comcast Cable Senior Vice President of Product Management for Communications and Data Services. "The ARRIS E6000 CER further optimizes our network and becomes part of Comcast's ongoing and evolving effort to take advantage of IP technology to constantly bring new innovations to market." Transforming IP Delivery: About the ARRIS E6000 The E6000 ™ Converged Edge Router (CER) – The Revolutionary ARRIS CCAP Platform – The E6000 CER delivers new levels of density and cost-effectiveness in a simple, robust integrated architecture that will enable converged services on broadband networks. The E6000 CER provides a high-availability, high-performance solution with unmatched scalability. It supports a fully redundant design with no single point of failure. The E6000 CER offers integrated, hitless RF fail-over, hot-swapping of cards, and field-deployment ready IPv6 support. Operators can mix and match ARRIS cable edge products to create the optimum network configuration for deploying tomorrow's services with today's hardware. The ARRIS E6000 CER allows operators to:
- Maximize revenue off a single chassis, with one of the highest densities per rack unit available, to deliver more services at faster speeds while using much less space and power
- Increase subscriber satisfaction and retention with a self-healing design that minimizes service outages
- Preserve capital investment with a flexible platform that offers a "wire-once" architecture with software upgradeability and easy expansion via a mid-plane design
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV