CINCINNATI, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Louis Graham, managing editor of The Commercial Appeal in Memphis since January 2011, has been promoted to editor, effective immediately. He replaces Chris Peck, who retired in March.
The Pulitzer Prize-winning Commercial Appeal is one of the oldest and largest news organizations in The E.W. Scripps Company's (NYSE: SSP) portfolio. The Commercial Appeal engages readers and serves advertisers across a growing array of print and digital platforms.
"In 33 years at The Commercial Appeal, Louis Graham has earned the trust of the Memphis newsroom and the larger community," said Mizell Stewart III, vice president of content for the Scripps newspaper division. "No one is better connected or better positioned to lead The Commercial Appeal's digital transformation, serving readers on tablet, web, smartphone and print."
Graham, 56, began his journalism career as a reporter at The Commercial Appeal in 1979. In addition to covering local government, courts and business, Graham spent more than a decade as a senior writer for projects and investigations, helping to position the newspaper as an aggressive watchdog for the public interest.Graham's own reporting:
- Exposed the sordid financial background of a man Memphis recruited to transform its riverfront into a tourist mecca
- Derailed a former county mayor's use of prison labor in his gubernatorial campaign
- Discovered wholesale errors on local tax rolls, leading to the collection of millions of dollars in extra tax revenues
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV