1. As of noon trading, Simon Property Group ( SPG) is down $1.75 (-1.1%) to $165.51 on light volume Thus far, 300,535 shares of Simon Property Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $165.50-$167.86 after having opened the day at $167.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $167.26. Simon Property Group, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. It engages in investment, ownership, and management of properties. The firm invests in the real estate markets across the globe. Simon Property Group has a market cap of $51.7 billion and is part of the real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Simon Property Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Simon Property Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Simon Property Group Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts