4. As of noon trading, WellPoint ( WLP) is up $1.83 (2.37) to $79.22 on average volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $77.43-$79.24 after having opened the day at $77.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.39. WellPoint, Inc., a health benefits company, through its subsidiaries, offers network-based managed care plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid, and senior markets in the United States. The company operates through three segments: Commercial, Consumer, and Other. WellPoint has a market cap of $23.0 billion and is part of the health services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate WellPoint a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates WellPoint as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full WellPoint Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts