1. As of noon trading, Wells Fargo ( WFC) is up $0.23 (0.56) to $41.48 on average volume Thus far, 9.2 million shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.32-$41.69 after having opened the day at $41.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.25. Wells Fargo & Company provides retail, commercial, and corporate banking services. Wells Fargo has a market cap of $215.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Wells Fargo a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Wells Fargo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the banking industry could consider KBW Bank ETF ( KBE) while those bearish on the banking industry could consider ProShares Short KBW Regional Bankng ( KRS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts