LAS VEGAS, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Edge 2013 -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that Damco A/S, a subsidiary of A.P. Moller – Maersk, will replace their existing IT infrastructure with a datacenter built on IBM PureSystems. As part of the agreement, which is the largest single deployment of PureFlex Systems in the world, IBM will also provide outsourcing services. The new technology and services are designed to provide a solid foundation for Damco's future growth and will also deliver the flexibility the company requires to meet new trends and business demands in the market.
Damco needed a new strategic and more simplified IT platform for their future IT operation and Damco needed to reduce IT costs without compromising a high level of stability and flexibility in their IT operation.
IBM will also take over the operation of Damco's SAP systems and the operation of their distributed platforms including Intel, Linux and storage."We are very satisfied with the negotiation process and the final result," said Peter Cabello Holmberg, Damco's Director of Global IT Service Management. "Damco has ensured that moving forward we will have a robust and advantageous infrastructure. With this announcement, Damco will be able to meet the business' demands for flexibility and scalability." Damco is one of the world's leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, Damco has been providing customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way the customers want to do business, wherever they are in the world. Damco is present in more than 90 countries and manages more than 2.7 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and more than 210,000 tons of air freight, annually. Damco is an independent brand owned by the Maersk Group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV