Likewise, Ampio has yet to explain why the clear failure of a small study of its experimental drug Optina in diabetic macular edema was spun as a success.
A phase III study of Optina in diabetic macular edema is now underway, even though its design falls well short of what's necessary for FDA approval.
Ampio is happy to accuse short sellers of attacking the company but can't respond intelligently to criticisms about a subpar phase III Optina study.
As Dredly also points out correctly, Ampio has also missed or changed its guidance about the development of the osteoarthritis drug Ampion, without explanation. Why did the company change the primary endpoint of a phase II study conducted in Australia last year? Why did the company first claim to reach agreement with the FDA to begin phase III studies of Ampion but then concede the need for a phase II study?On these important questions, Ampio remains silent. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow @AdamFeuerstein
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV