NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Brittany Umar looks ahead to see what might cause some big moves in the market over the coming days.
The week begins with Pep Boys (PBY) reporting earnings after the close on Monday. Investors will be looking to see how the restructuring efforts have gone and if its new consumer focus is driving sales.
Tuesday will feature LDK Solar (LDK). The company is not expected to beat analyst expectations because negative margins continue to deteriorate.
While the stock has nearly doubled in the last twelve months, H&R Block's (HRB) revenue have declined every year since 2008. The company will report earnings on Wednesday, along with Men's Wearhouse (MW).Thursday's big news will come when retail sales are released. The report will shed some light on what the recent consumer spending trends have been. Also reporting will be Smithfield Foods (SFD). The U.S. Congress is currently scrutinizing a Chinese company's planned $4.7 billion takeover of the U.S.'s largest pork producer. Friday features the economic PPI report for the month of May, which highlights the pricing of products at the wholesale level. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV