Tool provided by Kapitall. Login to access free research tools, share practice portfolios, and more.
GM was recently added back to the S&P 500. Ford is also recovering. The company reported sales rising 14% from last year. Ford’s Fusion reported its best-ever delivery in May 2013, by selling nearly 30,000 units.
ConclusionA stronger economy, especially in the United States, is supporting strong demand for automobiles. Tesla is a new-age technology company in the old economy of cars. Euphoria could continue to build, pushing Tesla even higher. Fear of overvaluation could also drive Tesla down. The bottom line is that investors do not know when the momentum would shift. One thing that is certain is that a bet against Telsa at this time could be ill-timed. Investors who do not have a position in the company should not take one at this time. Conservative investors who think the automobile recovery will continue might want to consider GM or Ford. Written by Chris Lau. Disclosure: Author has a long position in Ford (F).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV