BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- You wouldn't know it by looking at the innocuous 0.78% move higher in the S&P 500, but last week was a critical one for Mr. Market.
After around three weeks of market corrections, last week brought a bounce for stocks right at the trendline that's acted as a floor for the big index all the way back to November. So even though last week's price action isn't a particularly big move, it was a make-or-break move for the rally that's been in play for the last six months now.
The bounce tells us one simple fact: Stocks can still catch a bid at support. And that demonstration of buying power in the broad market is a buying opportunity for investors this week.To take full advantage, we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stock names to beat the market. For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 203 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 80.83%. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV