BLUE BELL, Pa., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced that its Australian subsidiary has signed a contract with the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) to provide managed end-user computing services and infrastructure support services.
Under the contract, awarded following an open tender process, Unisys will continue to provide managed service desk and end-user computing services to DIAC through June 2018. The contract includes an expanded scope to provide infrastructure support for the department's midrange equipment and storage. The contract value is estimated at approximately AUD $104.1 million (USD $109 million) over the five-year term.
"We continue to provide high levels of service and support to DIAC staff to allow them to focus on their mission of managing people migrating to Australia, promoting Australian citizenship, protecting and supporting refugees and helping to secure our nation's borders," said Scott Whyman, vice president and general manager, Global Managed Services Asia Pacific for Unisys.
In the last two years the department's IT needs have evolved due to increased mobility in the workplace, the need to share data securely, and whole-of-government procurement initiatives. In response, DIAC and Unisys have worked closely to deliver a number of significant programs, including:
- Consolidation of the department's five data centers into two.
- Procurement of more than 7,000 end user devices.
- Roll-out of the Microsoft Windows 7 environment to all end users.
- Design and implementation of security measures to enable secure emailing, editing and storage of material with a Protected level security classification.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts