NEW YORK, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As the housing market continues its recovery, the specter of rising interest rates and an uneven economic recovery are some of the roadblocks facing potential homebuyers and investors.
Executives from S&P Capital IQ and S&P Dow Jones Indices will be holding a complimentary Webcast, "U.S. Housing: Emergence of Recovery and Opportunities," to discuss the current challenges and opportunities in the housing market. The Webcast will be held this Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 12 Noon EDT. Among the topics to be covered are:
- an economic overview of housing, including home prices and trends using the S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices;
- key factors in the housing revival, including Fed policy, private equity buying, and foreclosure trends – and whether this growth is sustainable;
- how to invest in housing, including stocks (homebuilders, selected retailers) and mortgage securities; and
- a review of the homebuilding sector from both a credit and an equity perspective.
WHAT: Hosted by James Elder, Director of Application Specialists at S&P Capital IQ, this webinar will offer listeners actionable intelligence based on the speakers' insights.
Questions from webinar participants will be addressed following a brief presentation by each panelist.WHO:
- David Blitzer, Managing Director and Chairman of the Index Committee, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- James Elder, Director, Application Specialists, S&P Capital IQ
- Robert Keiser, Vice President, Global Markets Intelligence, S&P Capital IQ
- Michael Souers, Senior Industry Analyst, U.S. Equity Research, S&P Capital IQ
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV