LOS ANGELES, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marley Coffee (OTCBB: JAMN), ( www.marleycoffee.com), a sustainably grown, ethically farmed and artisan roasted gourmet coffee, announced that Rohan Marley, Founder and Chairman, completed a week-long media tour of New York, which included appearances on CNBC's Squawk Box, WNBC-TV, WCBS-AM Radio, NPR, and TheStreet.com.
"The Marley name resonates all around the world," Rohan stated on CNBC's Squawk Box. "I knew that if I could create a quality product and find the proper retail outlets, it would be a great company."
Marley also stated that the company's products are now embraced in thousands of retail outlets including Whole Foods, Dean and Deluca, PC Richard and Son, Bristol Farms, and Kroger Stores.
"What would your father, Bob Marley, think now that his son is the chairman of a publicly traded company?" asked Michael Wallace, host of New York's popular WCBS Morning Drive radio program. "We created a vehicle where people can be a part of something that will last for generation upon generation," Marley replied. "He would be very proud that we're doing something that is sustainable, eco-friendly, and using organic methods.""My goal is to continue to build Marley Coffee distribution and add our own stand-alone retail stores," Rohan commented on TheStreet.com. When asked how he competes with Starbucks and Green Mountain, Rohan said that he is a different kind of coffee company. "Those guys are my predecessors and they laid the foundation so that people like me could enter the coffee business," he stated. "But I really don't try to compete with them. What I do is provide a quality product with a quality taste, that's sustainable, and present it with a proper price structure so when people see it on the shelves, they will want to try it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV