DALLAS, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This week at the 2013 VLSI Symposium in Kyoto, Japan, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) will demonstrate an industry first in millimeter wave circuits with a paper on a 160GHz center-frequency-pulsed transmitter for short-range sensor applications. The transmitter features a higher effective isotropic radiated power (EIRP) at sub-THz frequencies than previous sub-THz transmitters with planar antennas.
"TI innovations in millimeter wave circuits shape future sensing applications for ubiquitous electronics and address a broad range of new markets. You can see the impact in everything from medical and security imaging to automotive safety and industrial sensors," said Brian Ginsburg, a design engineer at TI and one of the authors of the paper. "A first and major milestone for the electronics industry, our paper demonstrates the highest EIRP from a planar silicon radiator at any frequency above 120GHz."
TI's research team used an antenna-in-package approach to obtain significantly better radiation efficiency and state-of-the-art EIRP in 65nm CMOS. The project originated in Kilby Labs, TI's innovation center that focuses on delivering breakthrough technology.
VLSI also features TI papers highlighting research achievements in areas of power and energy efficiency, including several that demonstrate new ultra-low power applications of TI's MCU and RF solutions. There will also be a TI paper on a stackable, six-cell, Li-Ion battery management IC that addresses battery monitoring system issues in electric vehicles.All of the TI papers are a part of the VLSI Symposium on Circuits. The 2013 Symposia on VLSI Technology and Circuits ( June 11-14 in Kyoto, Japan) highlights breakthroughs in transistors, interconnects and integrated circuit technology for computing, memory and communications, medical, power, automotive and more. There will be more than 200 presentations at the leading edge of electronics technology at the event this year. Learn more and stay connected with TI:
- Visit TI's innovation web page
- Read about TI's Kilby Labs
- Make the Switch to TI MCUs
- TI on Twitter
- TI on Facebook
- TI on Google +
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV