Unless you are Warren Buffett or Donald Trump, it's hard to get broad access to real estate ownership by purchasing individual shopping centers or medical office buildings. By owning REITs, an investor can gain access to a diverse group of asset sectors and geographies.
REITs are also exceptional risk managers, and there is no substitute for investing in a company that can control risk.
There's no better time than now. Jump in and load up your REIT basket with some attractively priced shares. Rest assured, that's the REIT way to sleep well at night.
At the time of publication, the author was long on Realty Income. Follow @swan_investor This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV