MELVILLE, N.Y., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MSC INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY CO. (NYSE: MSM), a leading distributor of Metalworking and Maintenance, Repair and Operations ("MRO") supplies to industrial customers throughout North America, is pleased to announce that it has been named to the Internet Retailer's 2013 Top 500 Guide®. In its inaugural year on the list, MSC debuted as #31 in "Retail sites with the biggest growth in dollars" category and ranked #35 overall. The Top 500 Guide®, published by Vertical Web Media, is an authoritative ranking and an analysis of North America's 500 largest e-retailers.
"It's very exciting for us to be recognized by Internet Retailer for our contributions to the e-commerce market. We invest heavily in our e-commerce capabilities as part of our multi-channel sales strategy to help our customers reduce costs, accelerate time to market and increase profitability. The fact that we have been named in the top 10% of the Top 500 is a testament to our commitment to delivering a great customer experience," said Steve Baruch, MSC vice president of e-commerce.
The Top 500 rankings are based on annual 2012 e-commerce sales, researched by Internet Retailer. This report includes company financial, operational and performance data, as well as vendor rankings in key categories. The Internet Retailer 2013 Top 500 Guide® is available in a print and digital version.
As part of MSC's continued investment in e-commerce, the company recently rolled out a number of enhancements to its website, including improvements to the company's product information, a new transactional platform and a mobile site for customers. MSC continues to see e-commerce increase as a percentage of sales. In Q1 2013, e-commerce represented over 42% of total MSC sales, up 50 basis points from last quarter, and remains a key growth driver for the company going forward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV