SANTA CLARA, Calif. and ACTON, Mass., June 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (The Cable Show 2013) - This week at The Cable Show, Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) and SeaChange International (Nasdaq:SEAC) are demonstrating an integrated guide and gateway built to the industry standard reference design kit (RDK) specification. By aligning Rovi TotalGuide™ with the SeaChange Nucleus™ Soft Box, the companies are demonstrating a solution that incorporates an HTML guide rendered by a WebKit browser that could be rapidly deployed in RDK-based gateways and set-top boxes, independent of the set-top hardware manufacturer.
RDK is an open-source, standardized specification set to promote the compatibility of different technology components as they are being developed for next-generation cable and IP-enabled gateways and set-tops. The standard has been adopted by major cable operators to shorten the development and go-to-market cycle for cable equipment.
"At Rovi, we're committed to making it as easy as possible for customers to roll out new products to the market," said Thierry Lehartel, VP of product management for guides at Rovi. "At The Cable Show, we are demonstrating the flexibility of TotalGuide to adopt innovative new industry standards and work with applications such as SeaChange's Nucleus Soft Box to enable the deployment of advanced new applications and experiences into the home.""Operators will thrive on a flexible software platform that's totally unconstrained by hardware decisions," said Shiva Patibanda, General Manager, In-Home Business, SeaChange. "SeaChange's Nucleus software for media gateways and IP clients utilizes the standardization around RDK while innovating in ways that allow operators to radically enhance subscriber experiences throughout the home. By aligning with Rovi's TotalGuide, we can enable operators to deliver integrated home media experiences." The demonstration of Rovi's TotalGuide and SeaChange's Nucleus products together will show a software solution that could deliver:
- an advanced user experience that enables subscribers to quickly see what's on their favorite channels; search; and browse by program, celebrities, cast and credits across video service offerings – from linear and on-demand to DVR;
- a scalable multi-screen solution that enables whole home and in-home streaming to mobile devices;
- a gateway that lets operators' branded experiences reach every device at home with media sharing, DVR and other capabilities; and
- the ability for operators to quickly launch new subscriber services from the open application marketplace.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV