TROY, Mich., June 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Syntel, Inc. (Nasdaq:SYNT), a global information technology services and Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) firm, today announced it is a presenting sponsor for the Enactus India National Competition to be held at the Taj Lands' End Hotel in Mumbai, India on June 18 and 19, 2013.
Enactus, formerly known as Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), is a global non-profit organization operating in 38 countries.
Enactus student members have spent the year working on projects that apply an entrepreneurial approach to positively impact the quality of life and living standards for members of their communities. These projects will be presented to a panel of judges at the Enactus India National Competition.Over two days of competition, teams from leading colleges will showcase the results and impact of their community outreach projects, which will be evaluated by a panel of more than 50 business leaders. One team will be named the national champion, and will go on to represent India at the 2013 Enactus World Cup in Cancun, Mexico later this year. Enactus was introduced in India by Syntel's Founder and Chairman, Bharat Desai, and has provided an opportunity for young entrepreneurs to meet, collaborate and learn from established business leaders, while gaining a rich experience during the competition. "Syntel is proud to be associated with Enactus and its goal of creating a prosperous and sustainable future through entrepreneurship and community involvement," said Syntel CEO and President, Prashant Ranade. "We hope that through this focus on community development and improvements, we can help nurture a new generation of socially responsible business leaders to benefit society at large." Syntel's support for Enactus is part of its broader corporate social responsibility efforts, which include the Company's own CSR vehicles, S'Prayas and "Gift A Life."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV