NEW YORK, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), today announces the candidates for the Most Admired Corporate Dealmaker Awards. Now in their sixth year, the awards recognize successful dealmaking teams at transaction-intensive corporations in ten industry sectors. The selection process for contenders is overseen by The Deal's senior editors using transaction and public market intelligence from The Deal Pipeline, The Deal's transaction information service, Dealogic and S&P Capital IQ.
An online survey, conducted by Rivel Research, will solicit responses from M&A dealmaking peers of the candidates - corporate executives, financial sponsors, investment bankers, lawyers and management consultants –over the next several weeks. Participants will be asked to rank each of the contenders' dealmaking teams on four main criteria—value, strategy, execution and team quality—based on their past five years of transaction history to allow for a comprehensive picture of deal performance over time.Winners will be announced November 18, 2013 and awards will be presented at the Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers Awards Dinner held in the Boardroom of the New York Stock Exchange on December 4, 2013 during The Deal Economy event. The candidates are:
- Consumer Discretionary Category: Amazon.com; Comcast Corporation; DirecTV; Expedia; Starbucks Corporation; The Home Depot; and Time Warner Cable
- Consumer Staples Category: ConAgra Foods; Constellation Brands; General Mills; H.J. Heinz; The Coca-Cola Company; and Wal-Mart Stores
- Energy Category: Chevron Corporation; Energy Transfer Equity; Enterprise Products Partners; Kinder Morgan Energy Partners; Plains All America Pipeline; Spectra Energy; Williams Companies and Xcel Energy Inc.
- Financials Category: American Tower Corporation; Avalonbag Communities; Berkshire Hathaway; Equity Residential; National Bank of Canada; and Ventas, Inc.
- Healthcare Category: Abbott Laboratories; Amgen Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Express Scripts Holding Company; Gilead Sciences Inc.; and Pfizer Inc.
- Industrials Category: Ametek; Caterpillar Inc.; Dover Corporation; Precision Castparts Corp.; Roper Industries; and United Technologies
- Information Technology Category: Alliance Data Systems; Apple; Fidelity National; IBM; QUALCOMM; salesforce.com
- Materials Category: E.I. du Pont de Nemours; Ecolab; International Paper Co.; PPG Industries; The Dow Chemical Co.; and The Sherwin-Williams Co.
- Telecommunications Category: AT&T; Crowne Castle International; and Verizon Communications
- Utilities Category: Duke Energy Corporation; NextEra Energy; and Sempra Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV