June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST), today announces the candidates for the
Most Admired Corporate Dealmaker Awards. Now in their sixth year, the awards recognize successful dealmaking teams at transaction-intensive corporations in ten industry sectors. The selection process for contenders is overseen by The Deal's senior editors using transaction and public market intelligence from The Deal Pipeline, The Deal's transaction information service, Dealogic and S&P Capital IQ.
An online survey, conducted by Rivel Research, will solicit responses from M&A dealmaking peers of the candidates - corporate executives, financial sponsors, investment bankers, lawyers and management consultants –over the next several weeks. Participants will be asked to rank each of the contenders' dealmaking teams on four main criteria—value, strategy, execution and team quality—based on their past five years of transaction history to allow for a comprehensive picture of deal performance over time.
Winners will be announced
November 18, 2013
and awards will be presented at the Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers Awards Dinner held in the Boardroom of the New York Stock Exchange on
December 4, 2013
The Deal Economy event
The candidates are:
- Consumer Discretionary Category: Amazon.com; Comcast Corporation; DirecTV; Expedia; Starbucks Corporation; The Home Depot; and Time Warner Cable
- Consumer Staples Category: ConAgra Foods; Constellation Brands; General Mills; H.J. Heinz; The Coca-Cola Company; and Wal-Mart Stores
- Energy Category: Chevron Corporation; Energy Transfer Equity; Enterprise Products Partners; Kinder Morgan Energy Partners; Plains All America Pipeline; Spectra Energy; Williams Companies and Xcel Energy Inc.
- Financials Category: American Tower Corporation; Avalonbag Communities; Berkshire Hathaway; Equity Residential; National Bank of Canada; and Ventas, Inc.
- Healthcare Category: Abbott Laboratories; Amgen Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Express Scripts Holding Company; Gilead Sciences Inc.; and Pfizer Inc.
- Industrials Category: Ametek; Caterpillar Inc.; Dover Corporation; Precision Castparts Corp.; Roper Industries; and United Technologies
- Information Technology Category: Alliance Data Systems; Apple; Fidelity National; IBM; QUALCOMM; salesforce.com
- Materials Category: E.I. du Pont de Nemours; Ecolab; International Paper Co.; PPG Industries; The Dow Chemical Co.; and The Sherwin-Williams Co.
- Telecommunications Category: AT&T; Crowne Castle International; and Verizon Communications
- Utilities Category: Duke Energy Corporation; NextEra Energy; and Sempra Energy
For more information, please visit
About The Deal
The Deal, a business unit of
, has been serving corporate dealmakers, advisers and institutional investors the most sophisticated analysis of the deal economy since 1999. Our transaction information service, The Deal Pipeline, is powered by a newsroom of senior journalists who offer proprietary research and reporting across M&A, bankruptcies, auctions and financings. It includes a breaking news service, First Take; daily and weekly sector newsletters; The Daily Deal, a 2x daily report of the day's top stories; a research center with over a decade's worth of intelligence and a database of over 100,000 deals; and an iPad app. Our marketing & media services group produces the industry's leading forecasting event, The Deal Economy, held annually at the NYSE in addition to industry webcasts and integrated marketing programs. For more information, visit
Dealogic provides a platform for investment banking and capital markets professionals globally to help improve strategy, competitiveness and execution. The platform incorporates technology, data, analytics and consulting to help investment banks better understand their clients and the competitive landscape so they can allocate resources and execute deals more effectively.
About Rivel Research
Gathering, analyzing and interpreting investment community feedback is our core business. Rivel Research Group specializes in delivering actionable insight based on in-depth measurements of the global investment community. Rivel's highly experienced staff provides the well-informed, unbiased and strategically relevant intelligence companies need to effectively communicate with such important constituencies as sell-side and buy-side analysts, portfolio managers, financial media and other influential audiences.
About S&P Capital IQ
S&P Capital IQ, a brand of the McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading provider of multi-asset class data, research and analytics to institutional investors, investment advisers and wealth managers around the world. We provide a broad suite of capabilities designed to help track performance, generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies. Through leading desktop solutions such as Capital IQ, Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor desktops; enterprise solutions such as S&P Securities Evaluations, Global Data Solutions, and Compustat; and research offerings including Leveraged Commentary & Data, Valuation & Risk Strategies and S&P Equity Research, S&P Capital IQ sharpens financial intelligence into the wisdom today's investors need.
SOURCE The Deal
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts