It's long been rumored that Apple would refresh part of its Mac lineup this year with the MacBook Air likely to see an update.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says Apple may update its MacBook computers next week. Kuo previously didn't expect a refresh at the event and given Cook's comments on Apple's latest earnings, it didn't seem as though the company would be offering anything new until September or October.Kuo says Apple will upgrade the new computers with Intel's (INTC) Haswell microprocessors, "which are expected to significantly improve battery life, as well as graphics capabilities." The PC market has been exceptionally weak as tablets continue to dominate market and wallet share. Macs have held up slightly better than the overall PC market with Apple selling 3.95 million Macs in its most recent quarter, down 3% year-over-year. There has been much speculation that, in addition to the new chipsets which Apple plans to use, the MacBook Air could get Retina Display, Apple's high pixel density screen technology. We'll have to wait and see if the new computers do indeed get Retina Display, or if that's something that may come down the line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV