It's long been rumored that Apple would refresh part of its Mac lineup this year with the MacBook Air likely to see an update.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says Apple may update its MacBook computers next week. Kuo previously didn't expect a refresh at the event and given Cook's comments on Apple's latest earnings, it didn't seem as though the company would be offering anything new until September or October.Kuo says Apple will upgrade the new computers with Intel's (INTC) Haswell microprocessors, "which are expected to significantly improve battery life, as well as graphics capabilities." The PC market has been exceptionally weak as tablets continue to dominate market and wallet share. Macs have held up slightly better than the overall PC market with Apple selling 3.95 million Macs in its most recent quarter, down 3% year-over-year. There has been much speculation that, in addition to the new chipsets which Apple plans to use, the MacBook Air could get Retina Display, Apple's high pixel density screen technology. We'll have to wait and see if the new computers do indeed get Retina Display, or if that's something that may come down the line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV