Updated from June 7 to include analyst comments on iOS 7.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) is set to hold its Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) today.. Since Apple has not released a new product (new iPod Touch notwithstanding) since October 2012, there's increased speculation about what new products, software, and services the technology titan might unveil.
This year the annual conference, which runs from June 10 to 14 in San Francisco's Moscone Center West, will give developers a look at the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system, iOS 7, as well as its next desktop operating system, OS X.
Rumors have been flying as to what Apple might announce this year. Jony Ive, Apple's senior vice president of industrial design, has been spotted, and there's rumors he may make an appearance on stage. Will Apple showcase its digital wallet solution, something that's been in the works since last year's WWDC?Here are three items that Apple is expected to reveal at WWDC, which starts later today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV