NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) is holding its Worldwide Developer Conference in San Francisco. Apple kicked off the five-day event with several new products, including a new MacBook Air, Mac Pro, and iTunes Radio.
Starting today and running until June 14 at San Francisco's Moscone West, the five-day conference allows developers to learn what Apple has in store for its operating systems, allowing them to create new apps for both systems.
Apple started off talking about its latest version of OS X, the desktop and laptop operating system, dubbed OS X Mavericks. There are several features coming to the operating system, including increased battery life and Apple Maps. Apple also unveiled a couple of new Macs: new MacBook Airs (available today), and the Mac Pro, which is not yet available for consumers and sports a radical cylinder-shaped design."Can't innovate anymore my ass," Phil Schiller said, when announcing the new Mac Pro, which will be made in California. Apple also unveiled a new version of iOS 7, with several new features and a completely redesigned look. iOS 7 now supports iTunes Radio, Apple's streaming music service, which is free with ads. Apple shares fell following the keynote address, off 0.79% to $438.32. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV