SAN JOSE, Calif., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA), the leading provider of solutions that address critical communications and productivity challenges facing healthcare, hospitality, retail and other mobile work environments, today announced that M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., chief medical officer at Vocera will keynote at two upcoming top global health conferences. At both events, Dr. Duffy will explain why now is the time for organizations to create an experience-based culture that restores the joy to medicine and will outline how to use technology to close gaps in patient communication. Dr. Duffy will draw on her experience as the nation's first chief experience officer to explore the connection between quality, safety and patient experience.
Dr. Duffy will speak at the following conferences in June:
- Canadian College of Health Leaders Conference ( Niagara Falls, Ontario; June 10 - 11, 2013) is Canada's largest gathering of health system decision makers, including trustees, chief executive officers, directors, managers and department heads. Dr. Duffy will deliver her keynote: "Leadership for Person and Family-Centered Health Systems," at 9:00 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, June 11, 2013.
- HIMSS Europe's La Revolution Numerique ( Strasbourg, France; June 18 - 19, 2013) is HIMSS Europe's first mini CIO Summit in France, solely dedicated to French speaking CIOs. Dr. Duffy will deliver her keynote: "Humanizing the Delivery of Medical Technology," at 2:45 p.m. CET on Tuesday, June 18, 2013.
M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., is the chief medical officer of Vocera. Prior to joining Vocera, she served as the founder and CEO of ExperiaHealth and as chief experience officer of the Cleveland Clinic, the first senior position of its kind in the nation, where she led the institution in establishing patient experience as its top strategic priority. She is a frequent speaker on the subject of why the patient experience matters and how it impacts clinical outcomes. Her work has earned her the Quantum Leap Award for taking the risk to spur internal change in her field and has led her to be featured in HealthLeaders magazine as one of "20 People Who Make Healthcare Better." Dr. Duffy attended medical school at the University of Minnesota. She completed her residency in internal medicine at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, Minn., where she created and served as medical director for one of the first "hospitalist" services in the country. Dr. Duffy also served as medical director of Medtronic, Inc.About Vocera Communications Vocera is the leading provider of mobile communication solutions that address critical productivity and safety challenges facing healthcare, hospitality, retail and other mobile work environments. One of the fastest growing mobile technology companies, Vocera is widely recognized for developing smarter ways to communicate that improve patient and customer satisfaction. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Vocera® Voice Communication, Secure Messaging, and Patient Experience solutions are installed in more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with offices in Tennessee, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.vocera.com and @VoceraCom on Twitter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts