ORRVILLE, Ohio, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors (the "Board") of The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE: SJM) (the "Company") announced today that a new director nominee will be included in the Company's proxy statement for his election at the next Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on Wednesday, August 14, 2013. The nominee, Mr. Robert B. Heisler, Jr., is the retired Dean of the College of Business Administration and Graduate School of Management at Kent State University, former Chief Executive Officer of McDonald Financial Group, and retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of KeyBank, N.A. The Board concluded that Mr. Heisler should serve as a director primarily due to his extensive experience in the investment management and financial services area and his experience serving as a director of other public companies.
"Mr. Heisler's impressive career path brings additional leadership, operating, financial and administrative skills to the Board, and his background enables him to provide valuable insights to the Board, particularly in overseeing the Company's finances. If elected, Mr. Heisler will serve as a member of the Company's Audit Committee, and his experience will be an invaluable asset to both the Audit Committee and the Company," said Richard K. Smucker, the Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Heisler will replace Mr. William H. Steinbrink, who has served as a director of the Company since 1994, and who will be retiring from the Board at the end of his term. Mr. Steinbrink, will, however, provide consulting services, to the Chief Executive Officer and the Chairman of the Board.
"We wish to thank Mr. Steinbrink for his many years of service and his meaningful contributions to the Board and the Company. His valuable insights and dedication have been greatly appreciated," said Timothy P. Smucker, Chairman of the Board.About The J. M. Smucker Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV