6 Themes to Watch; Retail Numbers: Cramer's Best Blogs
Jun 08, 2013 | 10:30 AM EDT
Fifth, we need to see some stability in commodities to verify that things around the world are getting better, not worse. I rely on iron ore, copper, aluminum and most important, lumber as signposts of improvement or deceleration. All of those have been terrible performers of late -- except lumber, which just started advancing. That's a terrific sign but the others need to follow. Last, we saw our leadership groups come back today: aerospace, transports, techs, banks and biotechs -- the latter being the most visible sign of a better market. If those continue to build on today's advance, we have a fighting chance to say that we've seen the bottom and that the worst case scenario's off the table. So those are six themes to watch for. Unfortunately, we need all six to go right if we are going to get back to where we were before the selloff began. But I would say four out of six would prove that the pivot we saw on Thursday was, indeed, a whoosh bottom. And that means, point blank, that the worst is over. At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, had no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Retail's News Just Isn't Good Enough Posted at 2:02 p.m. EDT on Thursday, June 6 What makes someone like me skittish about the stock market? First, I am a sector-by-sector, bottoms-up guy, meaning that I don't take much stock in various broad government numbers, except the employment number we get tomorrow, as that is very important for the market. I don't care all that much about the charts, but I respect what they say.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV