CALGARY, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Canadian Pacific Railway (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) today announced that the Hon. Jim Prentice, P.C., Q.C., has been appointed to the company's Board of Directors effective June 7, 2013.
"Canadian Pacific is very fortunate to have Jim join the Board," said CP Board Chairman Paul Haggis. "His integrity, wide-ranging skills and knowledge of public and corporate matters will serve the Board well."
Mr. Prentice currently serves as the Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice Chairman of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) and is a member of the Board of Directors of Bell Canada (BCE Inc.) and of Coril Holdings Ltd. He is also the Canadian Chairman of the Trilateral Commission.
Mr. Prentice is respected for his contribution to public life in Canada. After a successful legal career he was elected to the House of Commons as the Member of Parliament for Calgary Centre North in 2004 and re-elected in 2006 and 2008. From January 2006 until November 2010, he was one of the most senior Ministers in the Canadian Government, serving variously as the Minister of Industry, the Minister of the Environment and the Minister of Indian Affairs and Northern Development.Mr. Prentice continues to serve a number of public and charitable organizations, in particular as a Governor and Vice Chair of Canada's Sports Hall of Fame and as a Governor of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award - Charter for Business. He is also a Board Member and the Fundraising Chair of the Calgary Police Foundation. "I am proud to be part of this great Canadian company," said Prentice. "The CPR is a foundational part of Canada' economic infrastructure and it is an exciting time to join the Board as the Company moves forward. I look forward to working with the Board as we guide the Company on its transformational journey."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV