Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our modelAnnaly Capital Management (NLY) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Annaly Capital Management fell $0.26 (-1.9%) to $13.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,387,242 shares of Annaly Capital Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,913,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.45-$13.86 after having opened the day at $13.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.75. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: First Security Group (FSGI), down 54.5%, Cordia Bancorp (BVA), down 11.9%, Stratus Properties (STRS), down 8.6% and Patriot National Bancorp (PNBK), down 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Annaly Capital Management Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NLY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV